A road map for establishing information systems for climate action and support
The implementation of the ETF is driving the need for systematic and regular collection, preparation, and reporting of data by Parties. Information systems are the tool best suited for systematic data management, but the development of an information system is a complex project. Therefore, awareness about the aspects to consider when designing and developing information systems projects is key for success of this kind of projects. This publication aims at helping project developers to:
- Understand what an information system for climate action and support is, and what it can do;
- Recognize potential barriers to the development of an information system project;
- Compare different types of information systems;
- Arrange a road map for establishing information systems for climate action and support;
- Appraise methodologies and techniques used in the development of information systems Projects.