International BUR Champions Workshop
The interactive workshop brought together advanced countries for an in-depth experience exchange among peers on challenges and lessons learned along the various steps and aspects in the BUR and the ICA process. Participants engaged in focused in-depth discussions on specific challenges and a variety of approaches for overcoming them. The workshop aimed to be a forum for discussing these concrete solutions with practitioners from other countries with the view to determine and consolidate the replicability of such success factors for the next round(s) of BUR.
Specifically, the workshop focused on challenges related to:
- Processes and institutional arrangements for the BUR elaboration and political approval (buy-in of stakeholders, managing networks of data sources, etc.)
- Data (access to data, data quality and data management, etc.)
- Reporting of measures (e.g. NAMAs)
- Finance models for BUR preparation (GEF funds, domestic funds, etc.)
- Sustainable reporting (institutional memory, improving the MRV system along the BUR preparation etc.)
- How to prepare for the ICA and first lessons learned.
- Lisa Herrmann - Transparency Partnership
- Lisa Herrmann - Case Clinics
- UNFCCC, Mr. Jigme - Overview of BURs submitted
- Rocio Lichte, GIZ - BUR / ICA Experience
Overcoming Challenges: Sharing Experiences from the BUR Process
- Weijie Miao, China - Overcoming Challenges: Sharing Experiences from the BUR Process
- Jenny Mager, Chile - Overcoming Challenges: Sharing Experiences from the BUR Process
World Café - Exchange with Annex-I countries on reporting
Introduction on the ICA Process
- Rocio Lichte - Brief Introduction on the ICA Process
Sharing First Experiences on the ICA Process:
For Further related Tools and Documents please see the Links on the right.