Registration open for GIZ’s NDC Training
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH and its Academy for International Cooperation (AIZ) have opened registrations for its cutting-edge training on the implementation of Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) called “Reaching national targets and the goals of the Paris Agreement.”
NDCs form the core of the Paris Agreement and provide the framework for countries’ climate policies. GIZ’s training offers participants an overview of relevant aspects for implementing NDCs (financing, mitigation and adaptation actions, transparency etc.) as well as other requirements under the Paris Agreement. Participants will gain knowledge and increase capacities for policy development and implementation related to NDCs. This allows them to reflect how they may apply the knowledge in their country’s context or specific sector.
The module on transparency provides valuable insights on:
- The requirements of the new Enhanced Transparency Framework (ETF) in the context of the Paris Agreement and NDCs
- The development and improvement of robust, comprehensive, and sustainable national transparency systems;
- The connection between transparency and NDC preparation, implementation, and updating;
- An introduction into the preparation of reports submitted to the UNFCCC.
The training addresses decision-makers and experts involved in coordinating NDC implementation in GIZ partner countries. The training’s modules can be combined as needed and tailored to the participants’ background.
Planned dates for this year’s training are:
- 11.-14.05.2020 in Bonn, Germany (English)
- 14.-17.09.2020 in Bonn, Germany (English)
- 03.-06.11.2020 in Bogotá, Colombia (Spanish)
Check out the flyer for more information and register here.