Ad hoc support for NDCs, Long-term LEDS and transparency systems
Do you need support in designing, implementing, or updating your Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs), your Long-term Low Greenhouse Gas Emission Development Strategies (LT-LEDS), or your transparency systems? This Climate Helpdesk can support you.
The Climate Helpdesk is a global advisory service providing free of charge, rapid, high quality, short-term technical assistance for developing countries. The Climate Helpdesk is a service offered by the Partnership on Transparency in the Paris Agreement (PATPA) the Secretariat of which is hosted by the Support Project for the Implementation of the Paris Agreement (SPA) implemented by GIZ.
Climate Helpdesk in action
The Climate Helpdesk provides technical assistance to partner countries on the following topics:
- Tools for NDC updates and NDC implementation such as for assessing LT-LEDS/NDCs baselines, goals, technology, policy options, pathways, and impacts;
- Strategies and measures for mobilising private and public investment in NDCs and LT-LEDS priorities;
- Methods and resources for linking national and subnational governments in the LT-LEDS and NDCs planning and implementation processes;
- Policies and programmes for implementing climate resilient low-emission measures in the energy, waste, transport, and agriculture, forestry, and other land use (AFOLU) sectors;
- Alignment of NDCs and LT-LEDS;
- Revision of greenhouse gas (GHG) inventories for specific sectors;
- Establishing sustainable and robust transparency systems, including appropriate institutional arrangements;
- Preparation for the submission of Biennial Update Reports (BUR) and from 2024 onwards Biennial Transparency Reports (BTR), and
- Monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of adaptation
- Adaptation reporting
The Climate Helpdesk accepts requests from developing countries and government agencies. Technical and other institutions and organisations that are working directly with national governments to plan and implement their NDCs, LT-LEDS, or transparency systems, may also request support, if endorsed by the national UNFCCC focal point or the Ministry of Environment.
To request support, please fill in the concept note provided at the top-right of this page and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
 Also known as Long-term Strategies (LTS) to include climate resilience and adaptation action.