Training Workshop on Intended Nationally Determined Contributions (INDCs) for Anglophone & Lusophone Countries
The International Partnership on Mitigation and MRV, together with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) hosted a Training Workshop on Intended Nationally Determined Contributions (INDCs) for Anglophone & Lusophone Countries on September 23-24, in Entebbe (Uganda).
Objectives of the workshop were to provide participants with in-depth technical training in four thematic areas related to INDC preparation (based on the results of a recend UNFCCC survey) throught clinics led by resource people; provide a forum for learning from INDC submissions to date; address pending technical questions related to INDC preparation; and improve participants' capacity to prepare and submit INDCs to the UNFCCC Secretariat.
The workshop was organised around four clinics. These clinics relied on submitted INDCs in order to illustrate “good practices” or different options for presenting INDCs. Participants were representative of Anglophone and Lusophone African countries, developed countries, and multilateral and bilateral organizations, as well as other resource experts.
You can download the full agenda and the report on the right.
Below you will find the presenations held.
Presentations day 1
- Claudio Forner (UNFCCC Secretariat): Overview of INDCs and the aggregate effect
- Ghrmawit Haile (Ministry of Environment and Forest, Ethiopia): Intended Nationally Determined Contribution – Ethiopia
- Stephen M King’uyu (Ministry of Environment, Natural Resources & Regional Authorities, Kenya): Kenya’s Intended Nationally Determined Contribution (INDC)
- Emmanuel Tachie-Obeng (Environmental Protection Agency, Ghana): Learning From Ghana's INDC
- Chebet Maikut (Ministry of Water and Environment, Ugada): Uganda’s Experience with the INDC Process
- Ousmane Sowe (Ministry of Environment, Climate Change, Water, Forestry and Wildlife, The Gambia): The Gambia's INDC Experience
Clinic A – INDC Baseline & Data Issues:
(Presentations of Clinic A will be added soon.)
Clinic B – Options for Packaging INDCs & Information for INDC Submissions:
- Revocatus Twinomuhangi (Climate & Development Knowledge Network CDKN): Options for Packaging INDCs and Information for INDC Submissions
- Janie Rioux and Alexandre Meybeck (Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations FAO-UN): Agriculture, Forest and Other Land Uses (AFOLU) in the Intended Nationally Determined Contributions (INDCs)
Presentations day 2
Clinic C – Adaptation Components in INDCs:
- Deborah Murphy (International Institute for Sustainable Development IISD): Clinic C - Adaptation as part of INDCs
- Deborah Murphy (International Institute for Sustainable Development IISD): Monitoring of INDCs and co-benefits
Clinic D – Procedural Issues & Domestic Validation of INDCs:
- Sven Egbers and Heiner von Luepke (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GIZ): Procedural Issues & Domestic Validation of INDCs