E-learning course: Assessing uncertainties in the national greenhouse gas inventory: a focus on land use
This new course is part of FAO's series of National Greenhouse Gas Inventories (NGHG) e-learning courses and will become available in French in the coming months.
This course is intended for anyone involved in the preparation of greenhouse gas inventories, in particular:
• Staff members of relevant national agencies responsible for reporting to the UNFCCC
• GHG inventory compilers
• Data providers
In summary, the course presents :
• The concept of uncertainty and its importance in GHG inventories
• Statistical definitions associated with the analysis of uncertainties
• Statistical concepts and methodologies used to quantify uncertainty
• Approaches to combine uncertainties from different sectors to estimate the overall uncertainty for total national net emissions
A digital certificate is available at the end of the course upon successful completion of the final exam.
To access the course please click here.