COP26 debriefing on adaptation reporting and prep-meeting ahead of the forthcoming PATPA Anglophone Africa Regional Group workshop
The Secretariat of the Partnership on Transparency in the Paris Agreement (PATPA) is pleased to invite you on Wednesday, 1st of December 2021, from 11:00 – 12:00 CET / 12:00 – 13:00 SACT / 13:00 – 14:00 EAT to a COP26 debriefing on the latest developments on adaptation reporting and a prep-meeting ahead of the forthcoming 2022 PATPA Anglophone African Regional Group workshop.
The event will take place in a virtual setting on MS Teams. Click here to join the meeting in English.
The agenda items are the following:
- Opening: Sandra Motshwanedi, Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment (DFFE), South Africa
- Outlook on the agenda: PATPA Secretariat
- Input on latest developments on adaptation reporting at COP26 and Q&A: Timo Leiter, doctoral researcher, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment, London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)
- Preparing for PATPA’s reporting on adaptation workshop early 2022: Interactive brainstorming and exchange among participants on 1) potential agenda items, 2) other/further interests and needs, 3) potential country speakers for sharing experience on adaptation reporting
- Closing: PATPA Secretariat
In preparation for the event, you may consider reading the following, if you wish:
- Glasgow - Sharm El-Sheik Work Programme on the GGA: https://unfccc.int/documents/311181
- Draft supplementary guidance on Adaptation Communications: https://unfccc.int/documents/302833
- Global stocktake of NAP M&E systems: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1462901121002379
This event targets experts involved in reporting on adaptation from member countries of PATPA's Anglophone African Regional Group: Botswana, Egypt, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Malawi, Mauritius, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.