The Cluster Lusophone was created on the fringes of the Conference of Parties 22 in November 2016 and held its first workshop in June 2017 in Portugal. In particular, the aim of the Cluster is to promote the exchange of experiences between Portuguese-speaking countries and to strengthen capacities in order to meet the communication and transparency obligations included in the framework of the UNFCCC and its Paris Agreement.
The group currently comprises 9 countries and is open to other countries with an interest in learning about the topics of the Partnership on a peer-to-peer basis. The working language is Portuguese.
O Núcleo Lusófono foi criado durante do COP 22, em novembro de 2016. Em particular, o Núcleo Lusófono tem como objetivo promover o intercâmbio de experiências entre os países de língua portuguesa e fortalecer as capacidades a fim de cumprir as obrigações de comunicação e transparência incluídas no âmbito da UNFCCC e seu Acordo de Paris.
O grupo atualmente compreende 9 países e está aberto a todos os países com interesse em peer-learning sobre os temas da parceria. A língua de trabalho é o português.
For more information, please contact @email
For more information on the Workshops of the Cluster Lusophone, please visit the following pages:
- First Workshop of the Cluster Lusophone in Lisbon, Portugal (2017)
- Second Workshop of the Cluster Lusophone in Brasilia, Brazil (2018)
- First Virtual Workshop of the Focal Points of the Cluster Lusophone (2020)
- Second Virtual Workshop of the Focal Points of the Cluster Lusophone (2022)
- Third Workshop of the Cluster Lusophone in Praia, Cape Verde (2022)
- Fourth Workshop of the Cluster Lusophone in collaboration with the LAC Group in Lisbon, Portugal (2022)
- Fifth Workshop on Transparency and Measurement, Reporting and Verification (MRV) of Climate Support Received and Needed in São Tomé (2023)